Zinc ointment is a cheap and easy way to treat acne. It is a pharmaceutical product, mainly used for skin diseases. You can also make such a preparation yourself.
What properties does zinc ointment have?
Thanks to the contained zinc oxide, this cream has a drying, anti-inflammatory and mildly astringent effect. The ointment does not cause side effects. However, it is advisable not to use it if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the ingredients or if you use another preparation at the same time. People suffering from bronchial asthma should consult a doctor before use.
How to use zinc ointment?
On previously cleansed skin, spread a thin layer of the cream over the affected area. Use the ointment 1-2 times a day. Caution: Do not use the preparation on open or unhealed wounds
How to make home-made zinc ointment?
This cream is available without prescription and costs less than 10 PLN. So why make it yourself? Pharmacy equivalents often have petroleum derivatives in their composition, such as paraffin and petroleum jelly. To make a more natural product you need
- sunflower, castor or linseed oil
- salicylic acid
- white clay
- zinc oxide powder
- potato starch
Method of preparation:
- Pour 20 ml of any oil of your choice and 1/4 teaspoon of salicylic acid into a heatproof dish. Heat the mixture in a water bath.
- In another container pour 4 teaspoons of zinc oxide and the same amount of white clay
- Then add cooled oil and acid to the powders. Stir until the consistency is uniform.
- Add a teaspoon of potato starch and mix again
Done! You can try it yourself. But remember – if your acne does not disappear, you should see a doctor.
Read also: Are you squeezing pimples? The consequences of this can be dangerous not only for your beauty, but also for your healthLeave a comment