Acne is not just a teenage problem, pimples can also appear in adults. Anyone who has it knows that it is a real nuisance. Often pimples also appear on the back and shoulders. In order to fight it effectively, it is worth finding its cause. How to fight acne on back?
Causes of pimples on the back
Pimples on the back usually occur during puberty, when the hormonal balance in the body is regulated. A sudden increase in hormone secretion causes the sebaceous glands to be stimulated, which leads to clogged pores in the skin. However, acne is not only a teenager’s problem. Often the reason for the appearance of pimples in adulthood is hygienic negligence or poor skin care.
In case of men, the appearance of acne on the back is a result of excessive production of androgens, i.e. hormones responsible for the development of sexual characteristics.
Some medications can cause the appearance of inflammation on the skin. These include allergy preparations, antidepressants, or anti-inflammatory drugs.
Another reason may be stress, which increases the work of the sebaceous glands and the production of sebum. This results in clogged pores and formation of pimples on the back.
The formation of acne in adulthood may also be affected by poorly chosen contraception.
Pimples in women may be closely related to the menstrual cycle. Estrogen levels, depending on the day of the cycle, either decrease or increase dramatically. This obviously affects sebum production.
Treating Acne on the Back
Proper treatment of acne on the back can only begin after consulting a specialist – a dermatologist or even an endocrinologist.
It is usually recommended:
- a topical antibiotic – for specific points on the back,
- an oral antibiotic – for large, purulent lesions,
- contraceptives – regulate sebum secretion, are used in women of legal age,
- retinoids – which are used in the treatment of dermatological disorders.
Home remedies for pimples on the back:
- regular baths (morning and evening) and in the summer during the day with gentle cleansers, will help to frequently clean the skin of sweat and dirt, which affects the formation of pimples on the back
- for skin problems on the back should not use strong scrubs, which will only irritate the skin. It is worth choosing anti-acne and antibacterial gels. To this can be added lubrication of the back at night with tea oil, which is considered to be the strongest natural disinfectant;
- not only in summer, but at any time of year, the skin should breathe. Therefore, natural and airy fabrics should be chosen, especially for sleeping
- herbal baths certainly do not hurt. Just add an infusion of pansy, chamomile or sage to warm water. These plants disinfect the skin
- the brave ones may apply the method using garlic. It is a natural antibiotic. Simply apply the juice of a previously crushed garlic clove to the cleaned skin of your back, in the areas where the pimples are located. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off thoroughly, without using any cleanser.
Diet and pimples on the back
The formation of various skin lesions is often influenced by poor diet. Sugar and alcohol are the biggest enemies of the skin. So products such as sweets, sodas, alcohol, or fatty and spicy foods should be abandoned. Fast food restaurants and processed food should be avoided. However, products with a high content of vitamin A, B2, B6. B13 and D and iodine, zinc, niacin and bromine. It is also worth supporting your body with proper supplementation
Acne on the back can be cured, but it is worth to find the source of the problem. Often we can eliminate them on our own, giving up certain foods. Healthy skin reflects the condition of our body.
Read also These celebrities struggled with acne. We know how they managed to overcome it
Main photo: Pixel-Shot/ stock.adobe.comLeave a comment